For this project, the goal was to make an experimental book. We could do cutouts, popups, experiment with the type, anything we really wanted. We had to use some of the text from Gertrude Stein's book "Tender buttons". The small, thin boxes on a few of the pages were areas where I cut out the paper to reveal the text underneath. For this project, I learned how to do a perfect binding and create my own hardcovers from scratch. Unfortunately, it wasn't quite thick enough, but I still made it work! This is a project that I'd like to expand upon and to remake the hardcover once it's got more bulk to it. The actual document is quite small, so these are quite accurate to size, as well.

You may also like

Back to Top